box2d – Physics based animations
Learn how to embed the box2d physics engine for real-time graphics in vvvv to enhance your 2d animations with real world parameters like gravity, density or friction.
Who is the target audience of the workshop?
Everyone interested in physics based 2d animation, e.g. game designers or artists.
What will attendees of the workshop learn?
Get an overview of the box2d nodes available and how they are meant to be used in vvvv:
- Setup a simulation.
- Create, manipulate and destroy objects.
- Play with gravity, forces and joints.
- Retrieve and understand the simulation data provided by the engine.
- Find out about bodies, shapes, collisions and ids. Finally render everything to a screen.
- Windows laptop with latest vvvv version and addonpack installed
- A 3 button mouse