Cutting and Folding Paper
This workshop is focused on the development of generative design tools inspired by architecture and product design techniques and how to fabricate three dimensional modular pieces.
Who is the target audience of your workshop?
It is suitable for anyone interested in geometric patterns, packaging, architecture, product design, scenography or 3D projection mapping.
What will attendees of your workshop learn?
In the first part we will talk about how to implement some parametric design techniques in vvvv.
- Introducing the new VL Parametric design modules, new datatypes, easier to use.
- 3D Object design using generative techniques
- Object panelisation using different kind of patterns
- Unfold the mounting parts
- Export svg files ready for cutting
The second part is dedicated to manufacture small cardboard sculptures designed by the participants, with the help of a cutting plotter.