The Ultimate Guide to Game Development with vvvv and vvvv.js
After introducing vvvv.js in the first episode of this teaching series, we will create a browser based game with a 3d graphics environment and interactive characters.
What’s happening in the workshop?
vvvv.js just received a game engine node library and advanced rendering techniques which are designed to work together with the procedural content generation capabilities of vvvv in order to enable the development of web and mobile games or other interactive applications that benefit from these technologies (VR, web-art etc.).
Who is the target audience of the workshop?
web developers, vvvv addicts and game developers
What will attendees of the workshop learn?
- introduction to procedural content generation in vvvv
- vvvv – vvvv.js exchange formats
- vvvv.js game engine (scene management, collision detection, multi instancing engine, shaders etc)
- vvvv.js advanced rendering techniques
David will introduce the new VVVV.js features which have been developed during his master thesis about procedural games and game development with VVVV and VVVV.js. In detail the following features will be described, all neatly packed in useful example patches:
- Physically based rendering
- Loading meshes and scene files
- Instancing based character animation and vegetation
- large scale dynamic terrain rendering
- 3d physics engine