Instance Noodles is a powerful pack for creating and modifying complex 3d geometry in real-time. No need for writing textual shader code –this modular node set transfers vvvv’s visual patching workflow to the graphics card unlocking its full performance for procedural geometry manipulation and general purpose computation.
Whats happening in the workshop?
We’ll cover the ins and outs of patching with the Instance Noodles pack: an introduction, a tour (a couple hundred nodes last count) and some new tips and tricks.
Who is the target audience of the workshop?
Creative Coders that wish all of their patching would be GPU accelerated.
What will attendees of the workshop learn?
- How to access the power of geometry and compute shaders without having to open a code editor and why this might be useful even if you do write shader code.
- How to create and modify geometry on the GPU through patching.
- Some real world examples of patching on the GPU with compute chains to solve all of our problems (at least some of them).
- How to make new nodes.
- Basic Tutorials
- The User Interface
- Patching Concepts
- DX11 Basics
- Later in the workshop we may touch on a bit of shader code but knowing HLSL is not a prerequisite.
- Wednesday 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
This workshop can be accessed with:
• week pass + workshops
• day pass Wednesday