A solid understanding of transformations is fundamental for the generation of all computer graphics. Don’t miss this workshop – you permanently have to deal with the appearance of geometry primitives, camera perspectives or coordinate systems, and will be confronted with a bunch of more complex aspects in many interactive 3d applications!
What’s happening in the workshop?
After the workshop you will have a deeper understanding of what actually happens when applying transformations on 3D objects.
Who is the target audience of the workshop?
- You’re a beginner in working with 3D systems or have been using VVVV for some time but still run frequently in the situation where your 3D objects transformation do not behave as you would expect them to.
- You finally want to know, why 3D Systems actually work with 4D coordinates (homogenous coordinates).
- You want to know what kind of transformations happen in a rendering pipeline.
What will attendees of the workshop learn?
After the workshop you will have
- a better intuition how to use transforms so that they will behave as you would expect them to
- have a basic idea of the transforms happening in the rendering pipeline (ie. model, world, view and projection space – what happens where?)
- some theoretic foundations of what actually goes on inside the transform nodes (vector math, homogenous coordinates, matrices and maybe even quaternions)
- Thursday 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
This workshop can be accessed with:
• week pass + workshops
• day pass Thursday
Buy a Ticket
12 of 30 seats are booked