VL Concepts and Patterns I
VL, the new companion of vvvv, is waiting for your usage to reveal it’s practical benefits. Learn about central VL concepts by theory and example.
Who is the target audience of the workshop?
Everybody who wants to benefit from VL features in their daily work. Ideally you have opened VL before and know the basic mouse clicks.
What will attendees of the workshop learn?
In contrast to the workshop VL for vvvv users that explains how you benefit from your vvvv knowledge in VL, here we will dive into new features of VL that extend the possibilities and make many problems easy to handle.
The workshop will consist of small independent examples that explain a certain VL feature or patching pattern.
We will focus on the basic and central concepts like:
- Document handling
- Ways of defining and using nodes
- Data types and their behavior in data flow
- Patch evaluation, data flow and control flow
- Loops and collections
- Generic patches
- How error messages support you while patching
The topics will start with a quick explanation/demo and continues with one or more example patches we will create together. In the process you will learn:
- The motivation for using a certain VL feature
- Patching patterns, tips and tricks regarding the VL feature
This workshop also gives you most of the required theory to attend the workshop VL Project with ease.
- VL Basics
- Thinking in terms of data flow and frame based patch evaluation
- Monday 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
This workshop can be accessed with:
• week pass + workshops
• day pass Monday