VL Concepts and Patterns II
VL, the new companion of vvvv, is waiting for your usage to reveal it’s practical benefits. Learn about central VL concepts by theory and example.
Who is the target audience of the workshop?
Everybody who wants to benefit from VL features in their daily work. Ideally you have opened VL before and know the basic mouse clicks as well as most of the theory of part I.
What will attendees of the workshop learn?
In contrast to theworkshop VL for vvvv users that explains how you benefit from your vvvv knowlege in VL, here we will dive into new features of VL that extend the possibilities and make many problems easy to handle.
The workshop will consist of small independent examples that explain a certain VL feature or patching pattern.
We will focus on:
- Adaptive and generic nodes
- Collections beyond Spread and LINQ
- Delegates, sending operations over links
- Define your own regions
- Event handling and multi-threading with observables
- Handle large data sets efficiently
- Upcoming features
The topics will start with a quick explanation/demo and continues with one or more example patches we will create together. In the process you will learn:
- The motivation for using a certain VL feature or node set
- Patching patterns, tips and tricks
- VL Basics
- Thinking in terms of data flow and frame based patch evaluation
- Windows laptop with latest vvvv version and addonpack installed
- A 3 button mouse
- Thursday 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
This workshop can be accessed with:
• week pass + workshops
• day pass Thursday
Buy a Ticket
16 of 24 seats are booked